Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January 2020Challenge YOURself Blog #73 "One Little Word" "ENJOY"

Happy 2020 to you all!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'd like to share my layout with you for the first challenge of the year from the Challenge YOUrself Blog and invite you to play along with us too!

This month we ask you to pick "One Little Word" - this is a prompt inspired by Ali Edwards -who began a tradition in 2006 by choosing one word each January, to focus on, live with, investigate, write about, craft with and to reflect upon as she goes about her daily life. 
 I chose the word "ENJOY" - to remind me to ENJOY the big moments and the little moments in life. Life can change so quickly, so I am reminding myself to ENJOY each and every moment - from a simple hug or a "thank you" or an"I love you" to memorable events and trips.


I selected a photo taken on our 37th Anniversary, while we were on board the NCL Escape, on a vacation cruise to Bermuda.  While we very much "enjoyed" the cruise and everything about it - I really cherish and "enjoyed" our hug and the love we are still blessed to have for each other.
I LOVE this Full Bloom Collection from Kaisercraft!  I had so much fun fussy cutting the many layers of flowers that I used to embellish the layout.


I like to tuck a tag behind my photos to include journaling. It's an added embellishment, and a great way to include a bit of the story behind the photos in the layout.  I use 3D foam tape on the bottom and sides around the tag to slide it in behind the photo. This also give the layout an added dimension with the raised photo.



I thank you for stopping by, and wish you and your family a very Happy and Healthy 2020 - May you ENJOY every single moment and I invite YOU to join us this month at the Challenge YOUrself Blog, and hope you can play along with us this month too!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items used:
Kaisercraft "Full Bloom" Collection: Florist, Seedlings
BoBunny Double Dot - Passion Fruit Journal
My Minds Eye - Flair - WOW and Sweet paper
Bella Blvd -Color Chaos "Pickel Juice Strandz" paper
Ranger Distress Stains - Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Black Soot
Kaisercraft Basics - Black Pearl strip
Heidi Swapp Stickers - for the Title "Enjoy"
Prima Flowers - Interlude
Carta Bella Floral -Snowflake
Enamel Dots
Simple Stories -Carpe Diem Brads










1 comment:

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!