Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2020

"Traditions" SOS January Sketch Plus Challenge

Hello Everyone!  I hope 2020 has treated you well so far!  Half of the month is over already and that means it is time for the 2nd challenge from the Scrap Our Stash Blog for January!  Today we are bringing you this FUN sketch - and have added 2 addition challenges for you.  
In addition to using this sketch as inspiration, 
you need to use CHEVRON patterned paper and something GOLD.

Here is my Design Team Inspiration Layout for you - I used photos from our 2017 Thanksgiving Dinner.  I love hosting Thanksgiving every year, and spending time with our family. This year we were blessed to have some friends join us too!  Besides time together, one of the thing I treasure most about Thanksgiving is carrying on Family TRADITIONS.  

I decided to highlight 3 of them in this layout 
by placing them in the film strip element of the sketch.

The first photo shows our tradition of enjoying Bloody Mary's when everyone arrives, and serving them in an antique cut glass pitcher that was my Great Great Aunt Ethel's.  She passed away at 98 years old, and this year it will be 30 years since she left us!  
Wow, I can't believe that!

The second photo shows the centerpiece of the day - the Turkey stuffed with Aunt Ethel's Stuffing recipe.  The memories this brings back are wonderful.  
We are actually blessed to be living in Aunt Ethel's house and enjoyed many Thanksgiving dinners that she cooked for us here.

The third photo is of the delicious Apple Mutzens and pumpkin pie that my Mom makes. Our son Jake has been helping her make these for the last few years on Thanksgiving morning.  The recipe is from my Great Grandmother Bess, who was Aunt Ethel's sister. 
That platter of Mutzens is always the first thing to disappear!

Here are some more close ups for you:





Thanks for stopping by! I hope the sketch and my layout inspire you to play along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog this month - head on over there for Challenge Rules, Prize info and lots more inspiration from our Design Team!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri  

Items used:
Echo Park - "I Love Candy" Candy Stripe (chevron)
PhotoPlay - "We are Family" - from the My Little Scrapbook Store
  Element Stickers, Forever, Traditions, Thankful, Cardstock Ephemera
Thickers - Kacie
My Minds Eye -"Yes Please" Gold enamel shapes
Close to My Heart - resin flowers
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher 
Paper Twine
Ranger Distress Stains - Picket Fence, Blue Print Sketch, Fossilized Amber, Barn Door

1 comment:

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!