Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Creative Scrappers Sketch # 190 ~ Princess!

Here is a layout I made following Creative Scrappers Sketch # 190

Have you ever tried following a sketch?  They are really fun!  I LOVE to try to follow along - and add my own spin on the suggested concept.  

If you've never tried it - go for it - Creative Scrappers is a fun site to go play on!

WARNING !   Sketches can be addicting - and in my opinion - that is NOT a bad thing!

Okay  - so first - here is the sketch:





and now here is my take on this design -

This is a layout featuring one of my favorite photos of my 50th Birthday trip to one of my favorite places Walt Disney World.  I am so blessed to have such a WONDERFUL Husband ( of almost 30 years!) and YES, he does make me feel like a Princess!


I used papers and lots of embellishments from My Mind's Eye - Stella and Rose Collection.  The base is Marble "Joy" Crocheted Paper and the others are from Gertie "Friends Forever."
I love how the colors pick up all the colors in the photo!!!

Here are a few close ups of all the details:

I just LOVE to play with The Dusty Attic Chipboard elements!  This one is their Baroque Frame
Oh - what didn't I do to it!  First a coat of Claudine Hellmuth paint in Altered Orange, then some Ranger Distress Stain in Rusty Hinge, then some Ranger Distress Embossing Powder in Broken China, then a little Adirondack Gold Paint dauber - I just LOVE how you can build the dimension and texture on DA's Chipboard! 

I added the word KISS from Tim Holtz's Word Sticks that I colored with Ranger Alcohol Inks.  The word PRINCESS is a "DOO DAD" from my FAVORITE Local Scrapbook Store Scrap-a-Doodle Doo!  I covered it with Ranger Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo. There are also some Prima Sculpture Resin Flowers scattered here and there!
I used Cosmo Cricket's Tiny Type letters - fun stuff! Another NEW "LOVE TO DO" of mine is to INK all my edges with RANGER Distress Stain - I don't know what I did before this cool stuff came out  ( THANKS TIM HOLTZ!!)  It makes edge distressing soooo easy!! I used RUSTY HINGE everywhere!  LOOK - I ever ran it along the edge of my photo!!!  I LOVE THIS STUFF!! 


I took a photo at this angle so you could see all the lovely dimension!
Well, THANKS for looking - I hope it inspires you to GO CREATE something!!!

Let me know what you think - a little BLOG LOVE goes a long way!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!