Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Scrap Our Stash May Challenge "E-M-B-O-S-S"

Hi everyone!  I had a chance to get some scrapping in at my Local Scrapbook Store  - Scrap-a-Doodle Doo this weekend and was able to finish this layout, from our January 2014 cruise when we met Pluto, on The Disney Fantasy!


I found it a little difficult to work with the green color in the frame used on the photo, and was stumped at first. I wanted to use up some of my STASH of Simple Stories "Say Cheese" and "Say Cheese 2" but as you can see - there is NO GREEN at all in either of those 2 collections!  I think I "solved" that problem by adding a double mat behind my yellow/ochre chevron base page, using first black as the base and then green in between.

I then decided to really CHALLENGE myself, and play along with this month's challenge over at Scrap Our Stash.

Here are the details of the Challenge:

our challenge is to create a layout and include an item from your stash for each letter in the word 
E-M-B-O-S-S
(You cannot use the word embellishment for the letter "E" and you must use a different stash item for each S)
- See more at: http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/p/current-challenges.html#sthash.T9x70AFD.dpuf

Your challenge is to create a layout and include an item from your stash for each letter in the word 

E-M-B-O-S-S

(You cannot use the word embellishment for the letter "E" and you must use a different stash item for each S)

our challenge is to create a layout and include an item from your stash for each letter in the word 
E-M-B-O-S-S
(You cannot use the word embellishment for the letter "E" and you must use a different stash item for each S)
- See more at: http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/p/current-challenges.html#sthash.T9x70AFD.dpuf
 I had a difficult time photographing the shiny gold metallic viewfinder embellishment, and the word "magic" that I fussy cut out, and then matted on black cardstock, although it does look "shiny" in the photo! So what do you think about the green mat on the base, does it help to make the green around the photo work?

Here is a close up of the metallic embellishments and some of the chipboard ones too.
We had such a fun time together - I am so glad my hubby and "boys" share my love with Disney and Disney Cruise Line!  Even though that photo mat is green - I do love the bone they added to go along with the photo of Pluto! ( one of my favorite characters!) I matted and pop dotted that "prize ribbon" after fussy cutting it out of one of the papers in the collections.
Here you can see the stars that I inked onto the layout with a "Mango Mai Tai" Powder Puff Chalk, using a stencil.  I did this along the top of the layout as well.  Also - isn't that Mickey Head embellishment AWESOME!?  LOVE IT!
So - Here are the items I used for the Challenge:
E - Enamel Dots, Enamel Brads, "Ears" :-)
M- Metallic Gold Embellishments and Distress Stain, Mickey Ears
B - Black Soot Ranger Distress Stain, Brads, Black Mickey Head
O - Ochre Chevron Base paper
S -  Simple Stories, Say Cheese
S - Stars, Stencil
* Although all of the items in my layout were purchased at the store - Scrap-a-Doodle Doo has a BRAND NEW Website - and many of them can be found ON LINE too!

That was LOTS of FUN playing along - I highly recommend Scrap-Our-Stash Challenges.
You should give one a try! :-)

7 comments:

  1. This is soooooooo fun! LOVING the colors, the view finder reel and the photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout! Love all the details you added! Hugs, Karen
    http://purr-fectmemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on our stash challenge. Love your list of items and on the way you incorporated them. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun page! And yes, I think the matting of the background does help bring in the green from the frame. Well done! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout Sherri! Love your take on the stash challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great mix of embellishments. Fantastic layout! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!