Pages

Thursday, January 4, 2018

January Scrap Our Stash NEW Challenge "WINTER"

Happy 2018!!
It's time for a Brand New Challenge Format over at the 
We have changed our first of the month challenge inspiration, by giving you a "Theme"
and an added element challenge!  
This was so much fun - and I hope you will play along with us!

Here is January's Challenge:

And here is my Design Team Layout for your inspiration- As you can see, I created a Winter Themed Layout, and I used the word Winter in my title, and I added journaling and doodling 
with a White Ink gel pen.
I used these frosty winter photos of our oldest son playing with our then 2 yr old Portuguese Water Dog Tino!  I think Tino is also a Portuguese "Snow" Dog too - as he loves to play in, eat and snort the white stuff!

Here are some close ups for you:
I just love this colorful Altitude collection from BoBunny!

The doodles and journaling around this photo were originally written with a white gel pen - yet the deep rich purple color on the cardstock turned it a complimentary shade of light purple. 
I kind of like the "magic" that happened! 
Here you can see the White Ink from the gel pen along with crazy Tino in action! He is groomed in the classic "Lion Cut" traditionally used on Portuguese Waterdogs -where his hind quarters and all but the end of his tail are shaved short.  The end of the tail is called a "flag" and acts as a rudder when they swim.  The hair (not fur, as these dogs do not shed,) on the front of his body and legs remains long, to protect and keep his vital organs warm when swimming.  These are working dogs, and they have webbed feet.  They were used by fishermen in Portugal to retrieve nets, and fish, and carry messages between boats many years ago!



As you can see I love mixing patterns and different embellishment elements - the clear blingy snowflakes, the flat finish on the button, the raised "snow" flair button, the purple bling, light teal pearl and the white Nuvo crystal drops - oh and lets not forget that diamond patterned 2 color washi tape!!

Here is a close up of those mixed up elements! ( and my son Nick's handsome face too!)



Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you get to play along with us on this fun NEW Challenge over at the SCRAP OUR STASH BLOG!  Just  click on the line for full challenge and prize details!

I wish you and your family a very HAPPY and HEALTHY 2018!  All the best to you and yours!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items Used:
BoBunny Altitude Collection - Cold Snap, Bundled
Simple Stories - Snow Fun Collection - Flurries
Fancy Pants - TimberLane Collection - Lable Stickers and Button set
Uniball Signo White Ink Gel Pen
Washi Tape and Gems
Queen and Co Baby Blue Pearls
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply White
Me and My Big Ideas - Mambi Stones - gem snowflakes
Ranger Distress Stains

2 comments:

  1. Love love love love this! LOVING the fun photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I!!! How fun is that colour combination for winter themed photos. You did a beautiful job with the overall design. There's lots to look at and yet, it doesn't seem crowded. I really like how you've double, and triple, matted everything. Cutting the chevron paper, and tucking the card in it, was a good idea. Loving the bling, and the buttons as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!