Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April SOS Golden Globe Challenge - "Small World"

It is time for Scrap Our Stash's April Golden Globe Challenge everyone!!  This month the inspiration is the Disney - PIXAR Movie "UP" 
and you have to include "Clouds" in your layout too!


The "Cloud" prompt reminded me of photos from a visit to "It's a Small World" at Disneyland, and since "UP" is a Disney (-PIXAR) movie - I decided to use them for my layout.
This was our 2nd visit to Disneyland - after our first Disney Wonder West Bound Panama Canal Cruise in May 2016. We had a great time, and hope to go back again someday!

Here are some close-ups for you:
The balloons in the inspiration photo reminded me of buttons,
so I had to include them in my layout.

I love the cloud background paper. I actually cut out the clouds I used as embellishments from the center of the base page - where I knew the holes would be covered by the photos and mats!  I then added them as embellishments, using 3-D Foam tape.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope the only clouds in your future will be the ones you use on your layout, when you play along with us this month, at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri


Items Used:

American Crafts - The color of Memories "Cloud" Paper
My Minds Eye - Cut and Paste - Presh "Beautiful" Bliss Paper
                                             - Presh "Good Times" Tribal Paper
                                             - Presh "Good Times" Treasures Paper
Distress Stains  - Fossilized Amber, Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick
Heidi Swapp - Photo Frames
Simple Stories - Enchanted Chipboard Stickers
Cocoa Vanilla "Love Always" Flair
Buttons, Thread, Queen and Company "Bubbbles"
Embroidery Thread
Buttons
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the way you layered the clouds and loveeee the photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to interpret the challenge, Sherri. I love the mix of pattern papers and embellishments. Everything is colourful and happy. Great idea cutting some clouds out of the hidden section of pattern paper. Love the little buttons, and your beautiful handwriting. And, well done using three photos and not overcrowding the page. TFS.

    PS. Thank you for your comments on the layout I did for the Blend-A-Sketch challenge. I really appreciate it. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!