Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

SOS - Sketch Challenge - "Chicago Pizza Tour"

Hello Everyone - I hope this post finds you all doing well!  
It is time for this month's Sketch Challenge over at the Scrap Our Stash Blog
We encourage you to play along with us, using the sketch below as your inspiration - and also be sure to use KRAFT PAPER and at least ONE METAL EMBELLISHMENT!!


I decided to scrap a few photos that were taken at the beginning of February - while on a Chicago Pizza Tour, during a sales meeting that I planned for the new company I work for.
Everyone had a great time, and it was a great team building event. We took a beautiful luxury bus to 3 different famous pizza restaurants in Chicago along with a great guide who told us all about each location, pizza facts, and info about Chicago.  If you are ever in Chicago - be sure to check out Chicago Pizza Tours!!  The photos in this layout are from our visit to Flo and Santo's  - famous for their thin crust pizza.  It was really good -but they cut their round pies into squares in Chicago -  very different than the way we do it in New Jersey!

For my base page, I used a piece of Kraft Resist Paper, from a 12x12 pad of Tim Holtz Idea-ology, that I have had forever!!  I then used a TWC Mini Brick Stencil, along with a Nuvo brush and Taylored Expressions Earl Grey Ink to create the brick design in all 4 corners of the layout.   I also used it to ink all of the edges of my papers, including the torn ones - 
I like how it all came out. 
Here are the sales team members who attended the meeting  - It was so great to be able to put faces to names and voices! Everyone was so nice, and the Pizza Tour was really a hit!   
I created a little tag with journaling to tuck behind the photo of the group.
Here is the back of the tag and you can see the metal brads that I added for the challenge.
You can also see the splatters of Glimmer Mist that I used.
More metal brads some FUN metal Flair, and those cool inked/distressed edges! 
(and those square pieces of pizza too! LOL!)
I used different types and fonts of letters for my title.  I love how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you can find some time to escape and play along with us this month at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!  Head on over there to see more inspiration from the other Design Team members, Contest Rules, Prize Info and where you can link up your layout too! 
I can't wait to see what you will create!!

Items used:
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology Kraft Resist paper pad
Simple Stories - So Rad "Authentic"
My Mind's Eye - Stella and Rose - Hattie n Happy, Polka Dots Paper
PaperHouse - NYC Collection
TCW Mini Bricks Stencil
My Mind's Eye Jubilee and Cut and Paste Brads
October Afternoon - Snapshots Tin Pins Flair
Nuvo Brush
Taylored Expressions - Earl Grey Ink
Jillibean Soup - Mini Alpha - Spicy Social Soup and AlphaBeans - Organic Orange stickers
Ruby Rock-it -Upstairs Downstairs Chipboard Alphas
Glimmer Mist - Jack O'Lantern, Raven, Burnt Red

7 comments:

  1. How fun would that be?!?!? WOW!! That would be a dream come true for me!!! I loveeeeeeeee this!!! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie - yes, it was sooo fun!! thanks, as always, for your kind comments.

      Delete
  2. I love your eclectic style sherri. So many different products and collections and everything still works perfect together. I ha e no idea what kraft paper is. Can u explain? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words. I guess the best way to explain Kraft paper is any paper that looks like a brown paper bag - the one I used was from a paper pad I've had forever - made by Tim Holtz - it also had a glossy patterned already printed on it which acted like a resist when I inked the brick shape with my stencil. I hope I've explained it correctly.

      Delete
    2. got it, thx! ... and i've already put a brick stencil in one of my shopping carts for a future order! ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow...I love that brick detail on the background paper. I'm sure it completely changed the look of the TH Kraft paper. The other pattern papers you added also look great. Even though they have bright colours, the dark inking gives them a grungy look which is really neat. I'm also loving the alphas for "pizza". Beautiful interpretation of the sketch. Great job once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jacynthe! Those Pizza letters are even more special as they were a gift from a friend - can't even imagine how old they are!! LOL! - I usually distress my edges with coordinating Distress Stains - and using a brush and ink to distress everything on this layout was a new experience for me - and I kinda love how it turned out!!!

      Delete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!