Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2021

My Favorite Memory of 2020 -Challenge YOUrself #85

Hi everyone!  HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your families - I hope and pray that 2021 will treat the world better than 2020 did, and that everyone stays healthy!

This month's challenge from the Challenge YOUrself Blog is to scrap your favorite memory from 2020, and be sure that YOU are in the picture!

While 2020 was a difficult one for many, we were blessed to be able to spend a week away in a log home that we rented in Upstate New York.  We were supposed to be on a cruise to Bermuda with my parents and our sons that week, but we all said we think our week together in the home, playing games, reading books, and relaxing with our dogs was one of the best vacations we every had!

The highlight of our trip was a private chocolate making class that I booked for the 6 of us.  Everyone wore masks in the classroom, and we felt very safe during the experience. The chocolate that we made and purchased too - was delicious. Everyone had a great time.  The owner was kind enough to take our photo with her Facebook prop after the class ended.  It was a fun day and a very special memory we will all cherish.

I LOVE the Simple Stories "Simple Vintage Great Escape" Collection that I purchased from My Little Scrapbook Store! - It is perfect for our vacation photos!  I also used a Echo Park 6x6 Stencil "Summertime Bloom" on the right side of the layout with Ranger Distress Ink, but I ended covering up most of it - you can still see some near the top right, but not much.

Here are some close ups for you:

If you are every near Lake George, NY - be sure to check out this place - they even gave us the aprons to wear and keep, plus the chocolates we made, which were all included in the class price.

The stickers in this collection are so beautiful - I was even able to add a small photo of my bagged and tagged take home chocolates in the middle of the sticker banner!

I LOVE fussy cutting - as I am sure you can tell - and cut out and raised lots of elements with foam dots. Here you can also see the fun orange "Wishing Bubbles" and the dots I made with the Nuvo Drops.

Love those mushrooms - and I fussy cut the frame out of one of the 4x4 elements and foam dotted it above the card I journaled on.

I hope I've inspired you to play along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog and can't wait to see your layout and favorite memory from 2020!  We have to search for the good, during these difficult times.  May 2021 be a better year for everyone!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be Well and Stay Safe!

(((HUGS))) ~ Sherri

Items used:
Simple Stories "Simple Vintage Great Escape" -Time for Adventure, Wild and Free, 4x4 Elements, Sticker Sheet
Ranger Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
49 and Market  - Wishing Bubbles - Crush
Nuvo Vintage Drops - Yellowbrick Road, Regency Green

3 comments:

  1. I love how you used the Simple Stories here. I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Great memory of such a challenging year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your LO is so great, congrats, i loved the details and colors
    congrats , hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!