Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Challenge YOUrself - #91 Shape Challenge "Candytopia"


 Hello my Scrappy Friends -  It is time for this month's FUN Layout Challenge from the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!!  This month we've got lots of choices for you - Just create a layout using shapes - and as always, a photo of YOU!


Here is my Design Team Inspiration for you 
- I chose to use Circles - with a few rectangles added too!
 This photo was taken on a Girlfriend's Day Trip to NYC to celebrate our friend Stephanie's Birthday at the FUN Candytopia Pop-Up!
I can't believe it was over 2 years ago!
I had lots of fun creating this - and actually used STAMPS to make those Ketch Flamingo and the new Salvage Patina Ranger Distress Oxide Stains, but before I did, I used the "kiss" method by watering down some of the ink on a piece of acrylic, and "kissing" it over the base of Vicki Boutin's Mixed Media Foundation Paper. I also did the same thing with Ranger's Blueprint Sketch Stain, that I splattered around too!

I even used one of the new Vicki Boutin's Color Study Bubble Stencils with some of her Color Study Textured Paste in Blueberry Sour and Watermelon Sour - full of circles and in a rectangle shape!
It was really fun to create my own background paper!

Here are some close-ups for you - I'll list all products used below too:

The little Watermelon Sour circles were made with the end of a paper straw - I though the layout needed some bright pink on the bottom right to balance out what was on the top left.

I fussy cut out all of the flowers from VB's Fieldnotes paper, and added additional texture by tearing the pattern papers behind my photo.


I am loving my new found addiction - Pink and Main - Unicorn Pearls - How cute and FUN are they - OH and they are MORE Circles!!

Thanks so much for stopping by - Please head on over to the Challenge YOUrself BLOG for all the challenge and prize details, along with LOTS more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  I hope you get a chance to play along with us this month too!

Take Care and Stay Safe 
(((HUGS))) ~ Sherri

Items Used:
Vicki Boutin Mixed Media Foundation Paper ( Base)
Close to My Heart "You Rock" Stamp
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Ketch Flamingo, Salvage Patina
Ranger Distress Stain - Blueprint Sketch, Picket Fence
Vicki Boutin Textured Paste - Blueberry Sour, Watermelon Sour
Vicki Boutin Color Study Bubbles Stencil
Vicki Boutin Field Notes - Among the Wild Flowers, Wander Always
Pink and Main - Unicorn Pearls



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!