Pages

Friday, January 7, 2022

Challenge YOUrself Blog #97 - "Team Turkey"

Hello everyone!!  Happy New Year!! Wishing YOU and your families a very Happy and Healthy 2022!
It is time for the first Challenge of the year from the Challenge YOUrself Blog!! Below are the details:

This was a fun challenge and I used a photo of my wonderful Dad and I from this past Thanksgiving.
2021 was a very difficult year for my family, with my husband's heart attack in August, but we are blessed with his continued healing and improvement. We had SO MUCH to be THANKFUL for this Thanksgiving!

Here is my Design Team inspiration layout for you:


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  I love hosting it and cooking all of our traditional favorite foods. Dad and I are always "in charge" of the Thanksgiving Turkey. I cook it and he carves it!
Hear are a few close ups for you:
I fussy cut a bunch of leaves from one of the papers in the collection, and matted some of the stickers on a brown cardstock. I inked all of the edges of the papers and embellishments.

I used 3 pieces of Flair from Dotty About Flair on the page and added some fuzzy fiber behind and around them. You can also see how I splattered the Ranger Distress Sprays over the layout, before adding my photo. I love the way that technique looks, and it is fun to do too!

Here you can see 2 more pieces of DAF Flair, along with the journaling card I have tucked in the pocket I made behind the photo.




I love adding a pocket behind my photos to create a place for hidden journaling and an added layer of depth.


I am also entering this layout in the Dotty About Flair Facebook December Happy Holidays Dec 30th Challenge "All about the Papers" - using a sketch, at least 8 papers/cardstock, Teal, Black and Butterflies.

Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you join in on the Challenge YOUrself Challenge and can't wait to see what you create!
Stay Safe / Be Well / Wear a Mask! 
((Hugs) ~ Sherri
Items used:
Carta Bella Our House Collection:
Black Gingham
Country Floral
Home Sweet Home
Baking Time
3x4 Journaling Cards
Element Stickers
Brown Cardstock

Ranger Distress Oxide Sprays - Salvaged Patina, Crackling Campfire
Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Ranger Distress Stain - Picket Fence, Black Soot
Mr. Huey's Colormist - Gold
Wooden Hearts
Twine
Dotty About Flair - Flair
Pink Fresh - Metallic Gold Pearls
Thickers - Avenue
 

3 comments:

  1. Love your mix of patterned papers and great embellishing! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, love your layout, it so colourful it draws the eye to your photo, lovevthe hidden pocket. Thanks for joining us this week at Lasting Memories DT Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Love, love, love all the details! Great job with the pocket challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!