Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2018

SOS August Golden Globe Journal Card and Friend

Happy August Everyone!  Wow!  this year is just flying right by!  It is time for the next Golden Globe Challenge over at the Scrap Our Stash Blog - and it is a FUN one!  All of the details, rules and PRIZE info, along with more inspiration can be found on the Scrap Our Stash Blog - so head on over there next!


Here is the inspiration movie theme for you - PLUS, you will need to add a journal card and the word "FRIEND" somewhere on your layout!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Here is my DT Inspiration layout for you:
For the movie challenge - I decided to use "friendship" and "laughter" as my inspiration. I started with a fun photo of my friend Janice and I at one of our favorite crop weekend events!  The theme was Circus, and we had a great time at the "Big Top!" 
These weekends are always filled with lots of FUN and Laughter! 
(I'm not sure which one of us is Thelma and which one is Louise! LOL!!)

I've added the word FRIENDS to the photo with some mini alpha stickers and I tucked a journaling card behind the photo - you can see it in the close-ups below.

I used papers from the Echo Park "Circus Party" Collection.  I just love their papers.  They are such a beautiful heavy weight, and their designs/patterns are awesome!

Here are some close ups for you:



I always try to tuck a jounaling tag behind one of the photos on my layout.  I do this by "popping" a photo using 3M Foam Tape, and making a 3 sided "box" on the back of the photo mat, that I can slide the tag into.

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you can join us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog this month!!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri


Items Used:
Echo Park - Circus Party Collection - Circus Animals, Journaling Cards, Banners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Framed Alpha Parts

Chipboard Letters

Mambo Chips
Bling
Stickers
Washi Tape
Jillibean Soup Mini Alphas - Birthday Bisque
Ranger Distress Stains - Picket Fence, Evergreen Bough, Tarnished Brass, Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber

2 comments:

  1. Soooooooo fun! LOVING that photo and the colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute layout!! Love the circus paper (Echo Park rocks!) and I love the little embellishments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!