Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

August CY #56 Mother Daughter Layout

So it is time for another Awesome Challenge from the Challenge YOUrself Blog!  This month we challenge YOU to create a Mother-Daughter Themed Layout.  Just be sure to include YOU in one of the photos!  All of the details, rules and PRIZE info, along with more inspiration can be found on the Challenge YOUrself Blog!  Hope on over and see all to the beautiful inspiration layouts from our AMAZING Design Team!

 So I had a bit of a challenge this month  - you see, I fell and broke my wrist on June 28th! My first broken bone and cast in my 57 years!!   I was not about to let a broken wrist stop me and I was able to complete this layout and 2 more - at a girl's scrappy weekend in July - right before I had the cast removed!

I used a photo taken of me and my mom, who is also my best friend, at a neighbor's 80th Birthday Party - no - we were not in New York City - this was a green screen backdrop that we chose! - Even though we live only 20 mins from NYC!! 

I saw a really cool layout online that used multiple cutout patterned paper frames and used it as inspiration for this page.
Love all the colors and embellishments in this collection!

Here are some close ups for you:




Hoping you will join us this month at the Challenge YOUrself Blog and I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful creation!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items used: 
My Mind's Eye "My Story" Collection:
Heirloom Roses
Typewriter Paper
Wildflower Bouquets
This Moment
Days Remembered
Decorative Brads
Mixed Bag
Grandma's Quilt
Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Stains - Fossilized Amber, Abandoned Coral, Tarnished Brass, Black Soot
Dusty Attic - Wordplay and Tabs Chipboard
Epiphany Crafts Punch and Round Bubble Caps
Nuvo Crystal Drops - 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a trooper ... a cast and still scrapping! I LOVE that!! And I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE this! LOVING the colors and all the layers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!