Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

SOS Golden Globe September Challenge - Hawaiian Memories

WOW - Have we got a challenge for you this month - over at the SCRAP OUR STASH BLOG!!   
This month's Golden Globe Challenge is to create a GRID layout - and use a TRANSPARENCY or VELLUM on you page!!  Please head over to the SCRAP OUR STASH BLOG - for full challenge details, inspiration from the rest of our awesome Design Team, and PRIZE info too!

I sure do love a good challenge and this certainly was one for me!! If you've seen my previous layouts - you know that I like to use lots of "STUFF" and lots of layers. I felt a bit worried as to how I was going to handle the "grid" requirement of this challenge. Well, I have to say - I really like how this came out, and I had lots of fun with this challenge!  I encourage you to give it a try and play along with us!

I used photos from our 2012 Disney Wonder Cruise to Hawaii to celebrate out 30th Anniversary. For the added "Transparency" requirement, I used an acetate overlay from the Kaisercraft Tropicana Collection.
Here are some close ups for you: 
I added a piece of fishnet between the base page and the matching acetate overlay. I then glued various embellishments to the top of the overlay - seaglass, flowers and seashells gave the layout more depth and texture.

I have had this palm tree sticker forever!  I think it finally found the perfect home on this layout!

Here we are standing on a black sand beach  - with shirts on that our cruise group had made. - It was a truly a vacation to remember!

I added a journaling card as part of the grid elements - and since it was a Disney cruise - I had to add the cute little pink Mickey head!

I love the little pink embellishment flowers - and I especially love the photos of the beautiful hibiscus too!

Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you join us for this challenge over at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items used:
Kaisercraft - Tropicana Collection -Horizon and matching Acetate Overlay
Simple Stories - Faith Decorative Brads
Cut & Paste - Adoro's Story
Recollections - Flowers ( Pink)
Prima Flowers ( Black )
Jolee's Boutique - Palm Tree Sticker
CN Crafts - Scrumptious Brads
Shells, Fishnet, Seaglass
Ranger Distress Stains - Evergreen Bough, Tarnished Brass

2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos, the palm trees and LOVING all the textures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the challenge, Sherri. I love how you used that tropical themed acetate overlay; how you placed the netting under it, and the photos and embellishments on top of it. Really neat. The little seashells are perfect for this layout, and I love how you found embellishments to match the seafoam green and pink of your shirts. Beautiful photos. We visited Maui a few years ago, and just like you, I have all kinds of pictures of the wonderful flowers they have there. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!