Pages

Monday, February 4, 2019

Scrap Our Stash "Young Love" February Sketch + Hearts

Happy February Scrappers!  It is time for Scrap our Stash Blog's Sketch Plus Challenge!
This is  FUN one - perfect for Valentine's Day! You must use Heart Patterned Paper
and / or 3 or more hearts - I decided to do both!
I picked a photo of my hubby and I from "way back when" we were first dating in High School!
I decided not to add a title to the layout, and just did a little journaling in the bottom point of the big white heart that is on the base page.  I've had this paper for-ev-er and when I saw the BIG Heart on the sketch - I dug through my stash to find it!!  I hope I've inspired you to play along with us this month at the Scrap Our Stash blog - I can't wait to see your entries!
Young Love @ 1977 ~ High School Sweethearts

Here are some close ups for you:
I cut these hearts out of scrap heart pattern paper that I had and matted it on black, inking the edges and outlining some of the hearts with a black glitter pen.

The photo is from a photo booth, and I used a filter when I printed it.  the bit of "bling" under the photo is from a broken bracelet - talk about using your "stash!"

Love this chippie from Dusty Attic - I painted it pearl white with a dabber, then used silver and grey Distress Stains to give it dimension. So fun!

OMG! We were SO YOUNG!! 

I love adding layers, dimensions and all different textures to my layouts!
These Prima Flowers are beautiful!!


I've also entered this layout in the CSI Case File No. 273 Challenge  I drew on the Traditional Clues - The Color Scheme - Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Light Gray, Evidence - Hearts, Valentine Themed Elements, Metal, Distressing -Testimony - Young Love




Thanks so much for stopping by!
Don't forget to hop on over to the Scrap Our Stash Blog for complete contest rules, prize info, and lots of lovely inspiration from all of our Design Team Members!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items used:
Best Creation Inc - GP167 - base page with large heart
Scrapbook Customs - Tribal Lines and Grey Arrows
My Mind's Eye - Cut and Paste - Flair "Wow" Sweet 
We are Memory Keepers - Peppermint Twist - Pomegranate
Dusty Attic Chipboard
Doily
Ranger Pearl Paint Dabber
Ranger Distress Stain - Black Soot, Fired Brick, Hickory Smoke, Brushed Pewter
Gems, Brads, Bling
Shimelle Puffy Heart
Websters Pages "Bloomers" ShmrGrey Flowers
Cocoa Vanilla - Love Always Flair
Maya Road - Metal Vintage Love Heart Clips
Nuvo Glitter Marker - Strawberry Bonbon
Close to My Heart -Filigree Charm Brads

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING all the layers and the hearts!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!