Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Beautiful Bermuda - Triple Challenge Entry

I had so much fun creating this layout, using photos taken of my hubby and I, as we disembarked the NCL Escape, on out 37th Anniversary, last month - in Beautiful Bermuda!  It was our firs cruise on NCL and our first time to Bermuda and we LOVED them both!

For some reason, the NCL photographer decided to develop the photo as 2 separate black and white 5 x 7 prints.  We purchased them, and I couldn't wait to scrapbook them!

When I got home, I realized that the photos could be matched up, and a portion of them overlapped the other.  I thought these would be a perfect fit to use for the November Sketch Challenge over at the
  My Little Scrapbook Store Facebook Page!!  Here is the sketch:



I am also a follower of the CSI Scrapbook Challenges, and when I saw the colors on their Challenge #302, I decided I would play along with them and try to "Solve the Case!"
Here is the "Case File" and the "Clues"


And finally, I also follow the Lasting Memories Challenges, and since I used "PLAID" in my layout, I am entering it in the Challenge # 473

Here is my layout - I hope you like it!

For the My Little Scrapbook Store Facebook Page!!  Challenge - I tilted my photos a bit differently, but followed the basic sketch. I used different washi tapes to create the grid lines behind the photos.

For CSI Scrapbook Challenges Challenge # 302  - I used older papers that I had in my stash that matched the colors in the "scene" -  I also used the "Magic Number - 9" and added 9 hearts and 9 enamel dots.

For Lasting Memories Challenge # 473 - I used PLAID paper for my base and covered one of my chipboard flowers.

Here are some close ups for you:




I love to use foam tape to pop my photos and use 3 stripes of it to make a "pocket" to tuck a journaling card into, where I write a little note about the photos in the layout. 



Thank you so much for stopping by!  
I hope I've inspired you to play along with a challenge or two - they are so much fun and a great way to cherish your special memories!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items used: 
Simple Stories - "Heart" Collection :  Treasured Memories, Love You, Never Forget, Element #2, Cardstock Stickers
American Craft "Honey" Puffy phrase Thickers
Doodle Bug Designs - Petite Prints - Pistachio Dot/Stripe
Teresa Collins - Wanderlust Brads
Dusty Attic - Word Play and Chipboard elements
My Mind's Eye - Yes Please - enamel dots
Carta Bella  - Yacht Club and Snow Much Fun - enamel dots
Washi Tape
Ranger Distress Stains - Evergreen Bough, Tarnished Brass, Black Soot














3 comments:

  1. This layout is gorgeous, Sherri! Love your take on that sketch and how you framed your husband and yourself. Fantastic take on all three challenges! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work with this line! I love all the little details! We were also in Bermuda on NCL the end of August. Really beautiful there! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and how you framed the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!