Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Challenge YOUrself Blog Announcement and -December "Snowflake" Challenge #72

Hi everyone!  Happy December!  
I am so happy to be continuing on with the amazingly talented Design Team over at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!  I look forward to sharing another year of happy scrappy FUN - and inspiring YOU and challenging YOU to get out IN FRONT of that camera, and share YOUr layouts with us!



This month's challenge is to use Snowflakes on your layout and BE SURE to include YOU in one of the photos too!


I used a black and white photo of my hubby and I while we were "down the shore" this past winter, for a get-away weekend to celebrate his birthday.  I decided to keep with the black and white theme, and found some fun chipboard and wooden elements that I painted white and embellished.  Here is my Design Team inspiration layout for you:
I am always making my hubby take selfies with me - he is such a good sport!  I love this SELFIE Paper by Reminisce and all the fun sayings on it!  I picked a few other black and white patterned papers and layered them under the photo.

Here are some close-ups for you:


I love this snowflake corner flourish - I added dimension to the snowflakes using Nuvo Simply White Crystal Drops.

 After painting this chipboard white - I hit it with brushed pewter Distress Stain. I filled in the hearts that were on the chipboard circle with Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops to add dimension - I love how it pulled in the white paint when it dried and created the surprise marble effect!! 
Add caption
Thanks for stopping by!  I want to wish you and your families a very Happy Holiday Season.  May your heart and home be filled with Love, Laughter, and Joy 
( and a few hours of scrappy YOU time too!)
Be sure to stop by the Challenge YOUrself Blog for Challenge and Prize info - along with lots of wonderful inspiration from the rest of our Design Team and be sure to GET IN FRONT of that Camera this Holiday - and document YOU!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri




Items used:
Reminisce - "Selfie" 
American Crafts - Plus One - Peer
Bella Blvd - Just Add Color - Passcode
Freckled Fawn - Puffy Doodle Camera Stickers
Mambie Chips
Want 2 Scrap - Chipboard Circle with Hearts
Scrapaholics -Snowflake Corner Flourish
Bling
White Paint
Wink of Stella - White and Clear Pens
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply white and Ebony Black
Eyelet Outlet - Enamel Hearts
Ranger Distress Stains - Black Soot, Brushed Pewter
Ideaology - Big Chat Stickers - by Tim Holtz
White Gel Pen

1 comment:

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!