Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2020

"OH SO HAPPY" SOS Blog's April Challenge

Hello everyone!  WOW - what a difference one month makes!!  Who would have thought so many of us would be staying at home and tying to stay safe from COVID-19.  I am so happy to have my scrappy crafty outlet where I can try to escape from the crazy reality - I hope none of you are directly affected and that you and your families are and stay safe!

Here is this month's first challenge from the SCRAP OUR STASH BLOG!  I am sure many of us are going through most of these feelings these days - and we challenge you to pick one, use it to inspire you when creating your layout - and include the word in your title!


Here is my Design Team inspiration layout!
I used the awesome Artisan Style Collection from Graphic 45 for this layout.
I am so happy with how it came out - I hope you like it too!

These photos, this memory, and this place makes me HAPPY!
I've used the word "HAPPY" in my title 
"OH SO HAPPY at NEAL's YARD, UK"
We took a family trip to London in October of 2018. My hubby and 2 sons went to see the Seattle Seahawks play at Wembley Stadium, and my other "son" Rob and I went to see the play Matilda, and visited Neal's Yard - one of the most photographed places 
on Instagram check out  - #nealsyard  

This place was on my bucket list as soon as I saw it, while I was planning our trip.  At one time it was home to the members of Monty Python, and is now a cute and colorful little place with great pizza, restaurants, shops and a bakery.  It is a MUST SEE and DO - and I would go back there if we ever get a chance to go to London again.

Here are some close ups for you

I love to create little pockets behind photos or papers and tuck a journaling card in - not only is it an added embellishment - it is a great place to make notes of your memories that go along with the photos!





I used Glimmer Glam and Nuvo Mousse on the Dusty Attic Door chipboard that I have had for YEARS!  I thought it worked perfectly with the window frames in the photos!
Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you can give yourself some time to create, and that you and your families are and remain safe and healthy during this difficult time.

Please stop by the Scrap Our Stash Blog for more inspiration from our other Design Team Members as well as the link where you can upload yours, and prize info too!


Items used:
Graphic 45 - Artisan Style Collection - 
Patterns of the Past
This old house
Creative Ideal
Artisan Style
Chipboard
7 Gypsies - Venice Papaer - Marco
Jillibean Soup - Alphabeans
Heidi Swapp - Stickers
Prima Flowers - French Riviera
Petal Loo Premier - The Penny Lane, Mini Daisy Petites, Botanic -Minis
Simple Stories - Emoji Love Brad
Ranger Distress Stains - Peeled Paint, Rusty Hinge, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Glam - Mermaid
Nuvo Mousse - Persian Red, Citrus Green, Indian Gold, Citrus Green, Aquamarine



4 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING how you used those G45 papers!!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! Hope you and yours are well!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Sherri...what an amazing job you did using those Graphic45 papers. They would have had me completely stumped. Everything blends together beautifully, even your photographs. I love how the flower cut-outs are elevated off the layout. It's hard to tell where one sheet of paper starts and where it ends. What you did with the chipboard door looks fantastic as well. The colours are spot on, and I love the scene out the windows. Kuddos on this page. A favorite for sure. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacynthe - When I saw the paper, I knew I wanted to use it for the photos from this awesome place. I used Tattered Angels Mermaid Glimmer Glam on the door - and added 3 different colors of Nuvo Mousse to give it the different colors. Yes, it is one of my favorite pages! Glad you like it too!

      Delete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!