Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Challenge YOUrself's April Black and White Challenge - "Hashtag Awesome"

Hello everyone!  WOW - what a difference one month makes!!  Who would have thought so many of us would be staying at home and tying to stay safe from COVID-19.  I am so happy to have my scrappy crafty outlet where I can try to escape from the crazy reality - I hope none of you are directly affected and that you and your families are and stay safe!

This month the Challenge YOUrself Blog is challenging you to use a Black and White Photo - with YOU in it!  I love this challenge - Black and White photos give you so many options - you can either go with any or all colors, or, like I did - stick to black and white and one or 2 complimentary colors.  I chose to add different teals  - papers, washi tape, cardstock, alphas, brads and ink.

I decided to use a photo of my friends and I when we went to NYC last January.  One of our stops was Ground Zero and we took a selfie in front of the Oculus.  I love these ladies, and cherish the fun times we have together! 


Here are some close ups for you - can you see the glossy accents that I used on some of the camera lenses?






Thanks so much for stopping by!  I really hope you and your family are doing well, and staying safe, and that you can find some time to destress from the worries of the world these days.
Please give yourself some YOU time and join us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog - stop by the Blog and check out all of the wonderful inspiration layouts from the rest of the Design Team along with Prize info and Challenge Rules!

((HUGS)) ~ Sherri



Items used:
October Afternoon  - Camera Bag
Echo Park - Capture Life - Good Times
Simple Stories - "Heart" Element #1, I Love You
Washi Tapes
Ranger Distress Stains - Picket Fence, Tarnished Brass, Evergreen Bough, Black Soot
Studio Calico - Chipboard Cameras
Heidi Swapp - Alphas
Selfie Brads
My Mind's Eye - Cut and Paste -Enamel Shapes and Decorative Brads
CartaBella - Snow Fun -Enamel Dots
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Parts
American Crafts Thickers "Skyler"
Ranger Glossy Accents

3 comments:

  1. I loveeeeee this! LOVING the colors and that photo!! I haven't visited Ground Zero since they still had it sectioned off, about a year after it happened... I hope I can visit there again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie - we live 20 mins away from NYC ( without traffic!) Our first trip to Ground Zero wasn't until 2017, as memories of the day were still hard as it was so close to home. I have to say that at the memorial and the museum are wonderful tributes and really are a must see for all Americans. <3 Thanks for the kind words as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your take on this challenge! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!