Pages

Monday, November 7, 2022

Challenge #107 - Documented!

 Hello my Scrappy Friends!  I hope you are all doing well!  I can't believe it is November already!

Today I'm sharing a layout I created for the Challenge YOUrself Blog #107 
- Show us your handwritten journaling and include YOU on your layout! - If you don't usually journal or write on your layouts - come on - give it a try! Check out the CY Blog for all of the other great inspiration layouts from the rest of the Design Team!


Here is my Design Team layout for inspiration:
I used the amazing Fernwood Collection from Vicki Boutin!!  If you don't have this collection - you really do NEED it!  It is so versatile and so fun to play with!  I purchased mine from Michelle at My Little Scrapbook Store - a great family run online business - you should check her out - Here is a link to what she has left in the store - and once it is gone - it is gone - so don't miss out!!

I added lots of handwriting in addition to the card I journaled on. I am so happy I was able to "DOCUMENT" this wonderful visit we had with my friend Krista, who I met through Instagram. We had been "Insta-friends" for years, as we both have/had Portuguese Water Dogs. Krista's dogs have since passed over the Rainbow Bridge, but she has a few other 4 footed friends who's adventures she share on Instagram as Ticaperrita - you should follow her, if you don't already!

Krista is a wonderful and caring Doctor at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. When she heard about my husband Phil's massive heart attack back in August of 2021, she reach out to me and helped me through many very difficult days. Just knowing she was there - just a phone call or text message away, to be my sounding board, and second opinion was a true blessing. 

When our nephew was married in Ohio, this past July, we were able to arrange an in person get together at her home and more importantly an in person ((HUG!))  We also got to meet her 3 amazing pigs, Ms. Zumi, Stanley T, and Cleveland.  Her Tortoise Ms. Marion Louise was in her specially built outside summer house, but we got to peak at her and say hello.  Mr. Dewy Lewis, her little rescue dog was so cute and cuddly too! It was a wonderful day, and I think the 3 piggies enjoyed the watermelon we brought for them to snack on too!

Here are a few close ups.  I inked all my edges with Ranger Ink Black Soot. Everything else on the layout is from the Fernwood Collection, except for the paper twine, and an older Vicki Boutin script stencil that I used on the left side of the layout.




Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to play along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog.
Please visit there and check out all the details of the challenge, along with all of the other beautiful layouts from the rest of the Design Team.  We hope you find time to play along with us this month too!
Be Well and Stay Safe!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!