Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Challenge YOUrself #58 - "One World Trade"

Hello everyone!  It is time for a really FUN and CREATIVE Challenge over at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!  This month, we are asking you to "Make your own background" and as always, to include YOU in a photo on your layout!  

Below is my take on the challenge.  Most of the papers used on this layout are from the Kaisercraft Stargazer Collection - from My Little Scrapbook Store.  I added the "pop" of yellow patterned paper for contrast, and to coordinate with the yellow color of the lights in the photo.  
For the background, I started with a plain white piece of cardstock, I placed a stencil over it - and sprayed it with 2 colors of Glimmer Mist.  The stencil had  sharp angles on it ( you can see that on the bottom right,) but when I was done spraying, I didn't want to "waste" the spray that was still on the stencil, so I turned it over and kind of "smushed" it on the page.  It gave it a whole new look, and I am very pleased with how it came out!
Here you can see part of the stencil, and the lovely shimmer I couldn't let go to waste.  I also splattered some black India Ink on the background as well.


We spent a very emotional and moving day in NYC with our Disney Cruise friends Melodie, and Kimberly, who were visiting over Thanksgiving weekend last year.  It was our first trip to the National 911 Museum.  

Love using the new Nuvo Crystal Drops on my layouts - so much fun!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will join in on this creative challenge at the Challenge YOUrself Blog - Stop by the blog to check out more inspiration from our talented Design Team! 
I can't wait to see what you create!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items used:
White chipboard - base
Stencil
Glimmer Mist - Bell Bottom Jeans and Patina
Bombay Black India Ink
  Starry Night
  Constellation
  Galaxy
  Sticker Sheet
  Moonlight
  Die Cut Shapes
Close to my Heart - Pemberly paper
American Crafts - DearLizzy Snapshots Thickers
Dusty Attic Black chipboard embellishments
Ranger Distress Stains - Black Soot, Picket Fence, Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch, Fossilized Amber
Tattered Angels Chipboard Frame
Nuvo Mousse - Indian Gold
Nuvo Crystal Drops - English Mustard, Navy Blue, Simply White
Fibers
Sequins



2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the distressing and those photos!!! I haven't been back home since Ground Zero was still in 'recovery' mode, so I would love to visit there again and see the memorials. And how ironic that both you and Sharon used NYC photos for your pages on this challenge! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri! What a gorgeous and moving page! I love the background you created and absolutely love all of the photos! I want to thank you for your hard work on the Challenge YOUrself design team, too. I am so happy that you are a part of it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!