Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

SOS December Golden Globe Challenge "Winter Memories"

Hello Scrappy Friends!! This month's challenge over at the Scrap Our Stash Blog is to create a WINTER Layout, and include SNOWFLAKES.  Be sure to click on the link and check out the Scrap Our Stash Blog this month for complete challenge rules, prize info, and lots of inspiration from the other very talented Design Team Members too!


I always find it hard to do winter layouts.  I never seem to have many winter photos - and I find that I really don't take too many photos during our winter holidays.  I think it is because I am too busy enjoying the time spent with family, to stop and take photos.  Also, I'm not a big fan of snow and cold weather - so I don't stay out in the cold very long either! LOL!

BUT - I did make my husband pull over to the side of the road so that I could get out and capture this photo of these majestic old trucks that would always greet us on the way to see our son when he went to college in New Hampshire a few years back.  I actually have photos of them from all 4 seasons (somewhere) as their beauty was always changing.

Here is my layout for your inspiration. I used patterned paper with snowflakes along with wooden snowflake embellishments too!

The colors on these trucks are all a natural patina that you couldn't replicate with paint if you tried. These old trucks hold a special meaning and memory for me. 
( See my note at the bottom of my post for that story.)


Here are some close ups for you:


Love using Nuvo Drops on my layouts - and especially how they came out on the snowflakes on the black strip of paper!


I always try to tuck a journaling card in behind one of the photos.


Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope I've inspired you to play along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog this month.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Brrrrr... ~ Sherri

Items Used:
Fancy Pants - Timbergrove - Frolic, Powder, Crystals, Stripes, Elements
Cartabella - Warm and Cozy - Cozy Stripes
Basic Grey - Alpine Frost
Fibers
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Autumn Red, Dark Walnut, Caramel Cream
Ranger Distress Stains - Picket Fence, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Evergreen Bough, Black Soot
Jillibean Soup - Wood Veneers - Snowflakes
Thickers "Joy" title


Special Meaning/Memory:
My Uncle Bob, who passed away 5 years ago at the age of 61, was an amazing man.  He was paralyzed from the neck down in a swimming accident when he was 16 yrs old.  He was in a wheelchair and only had the use of the thumb on one hand and his pointer finger on the other hand, but was able to live on his own, and drive a car.  He was a gifted and talented artist and one hell of a guy. He was always joking and had a positive outlook on life. He was more like a friend than just an uncle to all of us.   Uncle Bob's last projects were taking antique die cast cars and trucks that looked like they were in good condition, and distressing them to look like the trucks in this photo.  He had a website and would sell the trucks, and include a story that he made up, telling the history of the vehicle, and how it came to look like it did.  Uncle Bob was awesome - and and such and inspiration. These old trucks and these photos will always remind me of him. He will always hold a special place in our hearts.  Thanks for sticking around and reading to the end of the Blog post - I am so thankful for your time, and I hope that you too find special meanings in everyday things that bring you warm memories of loved ones who have passed, but will never be forgotten. Wishing you and your families Happy Holidays, filled with memories you will always treasure!




1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous LO and beautiful story!! He sounds like he was an amazing man!! I love love love love this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!