Pages

Monday, September 16, 2019

Pick Your Side SOS September Sketch Challenge - BBQ in NYC!

Hi Everyone!  I had so much fun with this month's Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge from the Scrap Our Stash Blog!  I hope you will play along with us, as it really is a great one!  Just pick the left or right side as your inspiration sketch, and don't forget to add banners/pennants to your layout too!
I selected the LEFT sketch to work with, and used it to capture a memory of a super FUN evening, spent in NYC with good friends!
I used lots of papers/stuff from my Stash too!

My friends Melodie (from PA,) and Kimberly (from Ohio,) were visiting us before they embarked on a Disney Cruise out of NYC.  My friend Marianne volunteered to drive us into the city, where we had a great BBQ dinner at Virgil's BBQ -near Times Square, and then we walked over a few blocks to see the musical play "Beautiful."  
It really was a BEAUTIFUL night spent with special friends!
Here are some close-ups for you:
I forgot to tuck a tag with journaling behind one of the photos before I glued them down, so I decided to journal right on the layout!  The cityscape diecut is from www.shopthedoo.com I added Nuvo Crystal "Goldcoast" Drops to the windows and accented some of the corners of it with a white gel pen.

Love the Spoon and Fork embellishments that I got on clearance at a great little Scrapbook Store and retreat in PA - Creative Inkling!  Couldn't wait to use them on this layout!
Dinner was delicious! 

I used all of the different papers from the layout to make the banner across the top.  The NYC, Heart, and Times Square are Rub-ons that I have had FOR-EVER! - So glad I got to use them!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to play along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog - you never know what you might find in YOUR Stash!!
((HUGS)) ~ Sherri

Items Used:

Bella Blvd - Let's Go - Taxi
BoBunny - Starcrossed
KaiserCraft - Basecoat Collection - Morter
Ranger Distress Stains - Fired Brick, Black Soot, Picket Fence
Nuvo Glitter Drops - Goldcoast, Ebony Black
7 Gypsies - Architextures - Treasures - Tarnished Silver Fork and Spoon
Creative Imaginations Art Warehouse - New York Rub-ons

1 comment:

Please leave a message - I would love to hear from you!